Saturday, August 30, 2008

I really am here...just...

I don't have a big excuse for not blogging...other than I haven't been at the computer. SM and I have finally unpacked almost everything AND fit most of it into the two rooms that his parents cleaned out for us. We are actually very blessed to be able to stay with them for the next 16 months. The weird thing about the whole thing is that every summer we'd return to visit family and always stay with them while visiting. Now we are back here, living with them, and I just feel like I'm on vacation...not actually living here. While on vacation I'd head to my mom and dad's house to help out where I could during the days...and I've contined that tradition. I suppose with time, I'll make my own niche in this house, but for right now, I'm apparently on vacation.

Today I went to my mom and dad's house and Mom and I ended up laying carpet. It wasn't planned but it turned out great. I never know what I'll end up doing when visiting with my mom. My little sister, Little Magoo, wants me to sleep over all the time but I'm no longer a teenager and I really like being with my hubby each evening. She laughs when I say "no" but is understanding. I also have to say, she's no longer a teenager, is graduated from college and has a job and works 8am-5pm ever day.

Okay, that's enough for now. Maybe tomorrow I can post some pictures and tell about our trip across the country. At least I know I won't be going to my mom and dad's home to work. Tomorrow is the Sabbath...Yipee!! A day of rest and visiting with family...and maybe some computer time.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Welcome "home," it will be fun to see you!

The Leavitt Crew said...

We are so happy to have you here for your "extended vacation."