Sunday, August 23, 2009

Mom's Orchard

I really liked this picture of holly-hock flowers in with the apples. It's pretty.
This spring Mom, Dad and I pruned the fruit orchard. It was a lot of work and we didn't quite get to all the trees before the time ran out for pruning. Mom has something like twenty-three trees and I think we got to all but two. Anyway, above is a picture of some peaches. They aren't ripe yet but we hope they will be in two weeks when my brother and his family come from Seattle to visit.
Here are the Italian prunes...my grandmother all was pronouned them "pru-ens" so that might be the way it's said.
And apples...doesn't that apple has wonderful color?! I love how most of the apples are very green with red "sun-kisses."
And here is another peach picture. I just love the contrast of color...plus the memory of how yummy peaches taste!

No comments: