Thursday, November 5, 2009

Austin Texas

SM and I spent the weekend in Austin Texas with our friends. We were able to be downtown at the State Capital of Texas. Wow! What a huge building!

Look at how tall that dome is...it made for lots of stairs but a place to put all the pictures of former govenors of the state of Texas.
Look at those cute girls sitting in the sun and enjoying the beautiful weather...and it was gorgeous weather. We were excited that the weather was so warm and inviting. Very different than the cold, snowy weather that we left.
I loved that the hinges of the doors in the capitol had this inscription and decoration.
This is where politicians tell the public about the decisions that have been made. I wanted to go up behind the microphone to make my own declarations but chickened out at the last moment.
This is a photo shot from three or floors above this atrium. I actually couldn't look over the edge and so SM had to take the picture. It just was too high for me to feel comfortable looking down.
And this last photo is looking up towards the dome. It was so ornate and beautiful and I'm so glad I was able to go see the Capitol of Texas and our wonderful friends.

2 comments:

Siouxzbelle said...

How fun to go and be with your hubby in that place. As for the weather, well... we have awesome weather down here right now too.. Anytime you want to come and visit, there is a bed and breakfast at Aunt Susies..

Love,

Auntie

Kathy said...

Fun! I miss weekend trips! It looks like you had a fun halloween!!