Tuesday, March 27, 2012

March 12th 2012 - daytime

SM's brother and wife came to visit.  We had so much fun going into DC and taking photos of all those Memorials and Museums.  Enjoy the photos!
Iwo Jima Marines Memorial

SM's brother and wife at the memorial

Reading the different plaques at the Iwo Jima Memorial were very informative.

Arlington Cemetery

I got a photo in front of a tulip tree at Arlington Cemetery.

The Robert E. Lee mansion

The Korean Memorial

The Lincoln Memorial

I got a picture of the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool is under construction and won't be completed for another year.  I'm sad that I won't be here when it is completed.  I imagine it will be beautiful when completed...not with green algae growing in the water.

The Vietnam Memorial

The Signers of the Declaration of Independence Memorial/Island.  I like the shirt SM is wearing, it says "I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you."

I wonderful view of the Washington Memorial.

The World War II Memorial

WWII Memorial

Flat Stanley joined us on our trip and got his photo taken often. 

And a photo of the White House!  After this photo we headed home for some dinner but returned a couple hours later for some new photos.

Two very handsome guys...who are mostly smiling after a day of walking around and putting up with their wives and all the picture taking we were doing.

No comments: