Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Trip West

Wednesday Aug. 20, 2008 We drove from Ohio through Indiana and through most of Illinois before arriving at Nauvoo, Illinios. This is a picture of the Nauvoo Temple. Isn't it just majestic?!
We stopped at the visitors center, watched a short video and then went out to the garden called Monument to Women. It had many statues representing different times of a women's life, ending with an old women in her chair working on a quilt over her lap. It was beautiful.
Then we took a wagon ride through historic Nauvoo. Many of the missionaries there were dressed in time period clothing and played the part. I loved this picture of this woman waving to us.
After visiting Nauvoo, we drove to Carthage, Illinois to see Carthage Jail. The jail is the building you can see just behind this statue. In fact if you look at the upper left window, that is the window through which Joseph Smith fell through to his death.
And here am I...just had to add this picture because I love the beautiful lawn, flowers and brick pathway.

No comments: