Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Our garden

I though I'd post a few pictures of our patio garden. The Ohio weather has made growing a garden really easy. There's rain, there is sun and then more rain and more sun. Above is a picture of a pepper plant.
And look at all those tiny peppers growing on that plant!
And this pepper plant has dark purple-black peppers growing on it. Cool, huh?!
I took this picture a couple of weeks ago, early in the morning. There are dew drops on the edges of the peppermint plant leaves. Isn't that neat and pretty?
And now the tomato plants are taller than the patio fence and not only that...
...but they have big tomatoes growing! Hopefully they will start turning colors (red and purple) soon.
And this is our experiment this year...the vertical zucchini plant. We didn't have a lot of room for it to spread out so SM decided to try to grow it vertically...and it seems to be working just fine. Can't wait to eat lots of zucchini!
And here is the first zucchini growing on the plant. Looks like it'll be big enough to pick in just a couple of days.
And my cherry tomato plant has a few ripe tomatoes! I love fresh garden veggies!

5 comments:

The Petersen Family said...

So jealous of the tomatoes! I finally have a couple that have set on the plants but I've had to manually pollinate them and try to keep them as warm as possible. I want your tomatoes! My peppers look about the same as yours though. And I think the vertical zucchini plant is really interesting

Dana said...

Oh my goodness! I love your garden! It's so beautiful, vibrant, and thriving! My garden has slowly been dying from all this heat :( Looks like you have quite the green thumb!

THE NORRIS FAMILY said...

Your garden is amazing...once again! I keep looking out at our garden and wishing that either my thumb was less un-green or that we didn't have quite as much heat. doesn't 100+ degrees know that my plants are allergic to it?? : ) Can't wait to hear what you've been cooking up with all the fruit of your labor! : )

Mindy said...

AMAZING!! Your mom said she can understand why the Garden of Eden was so beautiful in that area. Way to go!

Derek & Heidi said...

Heather you're garden ROCKS! Wow! Wish ours was looking that good! Enjoy the FRUITS of your labors ;)