Sunday, November 11, 2012

Baby Shower

The ladies of the Macon Ward threw me a wonderful baby shower.

Do you know how humbling it is to have a baby shower?  It is extremely humbling for me.  I have attended many many baby showers, and often they would bring tears to my eyes not knowing if I'd ever have one myself.  I can't tell you how grateful I am to have this opportunity.  I have been truly blessed.

The baby shower was also a luncheon.  There was a yummy creamy tomato basil soup, a fresh green salad, and grilled  cheese, turkey and creamy pesto sandwiches.  And for desert, a homemade apple-spice caramel cake that was to die for...oh so heavenly!

Here's the bishop's wife, working on all those grilled sandwiches  (on sour dough bread).  She hosted the party at her house and made the cake.  She is an awesome chef and I've enjoyed our friendship.

And here's one of the homemade gifts that Gizmo got!  I want to share a quick story here.  I went shopping the day before and bought that white delicate sweater.  Well, just as everyone was eating their yummy lunch, I put my plate down on my seat to adjust the seat next to me so that my friend could sit there.  Well, after adjusting the seat, I sat right back down...into my food/soup.  My new white shirt had a big spot of soup in the back.  Another friend helped me get cleaned up and later I was able to hand wash the soup out of the shirt.  I guess that is one of those crazy pregnancy stories.

No comments: